This frozen papaya pineapple margarita recipe is the perfect tropical cocktail to cool off a hot summer night. These blended frozen margaritas are made with tropical papaya and pineapple fruits, pineapple juice, and tequila. One sip and you will instantly feel like you’re on vacation at a tropical island.
It’s no secret that I am a HUGE fan of frozen cocktails. Since we have been playing bartender at home I’ve really stepped up my cocktail game. Something about a fresh, crafted cocktail makes me feel like we’ve brought happy hour at home with us.
Clear Crackle Margarita Glasses, Set of 4 By Amici Home Shop Now
This frozen papaya pineapple margarita is so simple to make! Made with frozen papaya and pineapple chunks, tarty pineapple juice, and tequila all blended together for one simple, 5-minute cocktail.
You can use fresh or pre-frozen fruit. I love freezing fresh fruit at its peak season (see my tips below!). But you can also buy a bag of pre-frozen fruit if you’re short on time!
Go heavy on the garnish! I love punching up my garnish game for frozen cocktails. Tropical frozen recipes like this already make me feel like I’m on vacation so why not go the extra mile. Grab a large cocktail glass and garnish with pineapple wedges, lime wheels, and my fav garnish, pineapple leaves!
Pro-Line Lime Saver By Gourmac Shop Now
Ingredients for Frozen Pineapple Papaya Margaritas:
- lime juice
- pineapple juice
- Cointreau or triple sec
- agave nectar or simple syrup
How to Cut a Papaya:
- To cut this papaya I’m using two different knives, one to dice and cut large pieces and the other to remove the skin. I’m using my Shun Classic Blonde Chef’s knife for larger cuts and a utility knife for trimming the skin on the sides of the papaya, they both cut like a dream and are my go-to for chopping fruits and vegetables.
- Cut the papaya lengthwise in half and scoop out the seeds to discard.
- Begin to cut the papaya skin with the smaller utility knife cutting the skin thinly away from the flesh in a downwards angle until all the skin is trimmed off.
- Cut the papaya into larger half-moons and then into 1-inch chunks.
Classic Blonde Chef’s Knife By Shun Shop Now
How to Freeze Pineapple and Papaya:
I love taking advantage of fresh summer produce by cutting, preparing, and freezing fresh fruit for smoothies and frozen cocktails!
The best way to freeze pineapple and papaya chunks is to fruit cut into 1-inch pieces and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Freeze the tray until the pineapple pieces are frozen solid. Transfer fruit to ziplock bags or containers and place them into the freezer.
How do you make these Frozen Pineapple Papaya Margaritas?
- Cut and freeze your papaya and pineapple: If you’re using fresh pineapple and papaya chunks be sure to freeze the fruit for at least four hours before making a cocktail.
- In a large blender add frozen pineapple and papaya, lime juice, pineapple juice, tequila, Cointreau, honey and ice.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 30-60 seconds.
- Serve in a large glass with a lime wheel, pineapple wedge, and pineapple leaf.
A great blender for frozen cocktails: The Kuvings vacuum blender is great for frozen drinks and smoothies. Not only is it super high powered but it is extremely noise reducing. Perfect if you’re trying to blend an early morning smoothie and not wake the whole house or making a batched cocktail while you’ve friends over for seamless sound.
Vacuum Blender By Kuvings Shop Now
Other Frozen Cocktails to try:
Frozen Pineapple Papaya Margaritas
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups frozen papaya chunks
- 0.25 cups lime juice, fresh
- 0.5 cups pineapple juice
- 8 oz tequila
- 4 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec (orange liqueur)
- 2 oz agave nectar or simple syrup (more to taste)
- 2 cups ice
- In a large blender add frozen pineapple and papaya, lime juice, pineapple juice, tequila, cointreau, honey and ice. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 30-60 seconds.
- Serve in a large glass with a lime and pineapple wedge.
- Note: For a mocktail variation, omit the tequila and Cointreau and add in 10 ounces of pineapple juice.