During the Holiday Season there are so many parties and outings to attend. Now you can stand out this year with my Cupcake Christmas Wreath. This Holiday Party Dessert will blow away your friends and family. What is it? It’s simply a whole mess of cupcakes, buttercream frosting and some creativity.
Bake 2 batches of your favorite cupcakes. I made vanilla so I would have a clean, white canvas for my wreath. For the buttercream I made a double recipe of my Best-Ever Buttercream Frosting because there are a lot of cupcakes to decorate. Next decide what you want to add on top: sprinkles, ribbons, buttercream decorations, etc. Then simply go nuts and use your skills to create this beautiful Cupcake Christmas Wreath.
If you are looking for help in the kitchen, this dessert is perfect for little hands to assist. Cupcakes and frosting are very kid friendly ingredients. Best of all, any little frosting mishaps can be fixed, or just be part of the wreath’s charm. No matter what, you will be the talk of your Holiday party with this simple, yet impressive dessert recipe.
I only needed a few holiday baking essentials to make this recipe. The piping nozzles I used are from the Cake Boss Decorating Tools 12-Piece Basic Decorating Tip Set. It’s a small set with every nozzle you will need for baking. I need a sturdy piping bag so I use Wilton 12 inch Disposable Decorating Bag. And course you can’t make this dessert without cupcakes. I baked mine in a Bakers Secret Cupcake Tin for the perfect batch.
Christmas Cupcake Wreath Recipe
- 17-20 cupcakes
- Buttercream Frosting
- Green food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Silver sprinkles
- Round piping nozzle, small
- Star piping nozzle
- 104 piping nozzle (ribbon)
- 352 piping nozzle (leaf)
- Piping bags
- Red ribbon
- Place the cupcakes down on your serving board. Note that you can’t move it once it is decorated.
- Make a circle with roughly 11 cupcakes. Place roughly 6 cupcakes in the middle so you have 2 cycles of cupcakes. You maybe need more or less depending on the size of your cupcakes.
- Mix green dye into a large amount of buttercream. Mix up a small bowl of red buttercream also.
- Using the star nozzle pipe buttercream onto all of the cupcakes.
- Pipe green leaves using the 352 piping nozzle around the wreath on each cupcake. Followed by red berries using the round nozzle.
- Using the 104 piping nozzle pipe red ribbons on some cupcakes.
- Place little decorative pearls around the tops of the cupcakes anywhere you like.
- Place a red ribbon front row center on the cupcake wreath. This wreath can be made 24 hours in advance. Keep covered until ready to serve.