Spring Snap Pea Salad
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas
- 2 ½ Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups bias cut sugar snap peas
- ½ cup shaved fresh fennel
- ¼ cup shaved radishes
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint
- ½ Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of Maldon salt
- Prepare a bowl with ice and water.
- Heat a few cups of water in a small pan on the stove. Bring to a boil and drop in freshly shelled peas for one to two minutes. Use a slotted spoon or sieve and remove peas, dropping into ice water.
- In a small pan on the stove over low heat, add butter and melt. Swirl pan occasionally. After several minutes, butter will begin to brown. Remove from stove and toss peas.
- Add snap peas, fennel, and radishes to a platter. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add brown buttered peas.
- Top with herbs, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.