Crispy Coconut Curry Chicken
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 5-10 cloves garlic, whole with skin removed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of cilantro
- juice from ½ a large lemon or 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Serve with: cilantro, lemon slices and rice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In an oven safe pan sear the chicken thighs in olive oil until nicely browned.
- Add curry powder, coconut milk, garlic, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, chicken stock, and salt and pepper to pan. Bring to boil.
- Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. Or for up to an hour in a 300 degree oven if you prefer.
- Remove cinnamon stick, parsley and bay leaves from pan. Remove chicken to plate.
- Squeeze lemon juice into cup and add a splash of chicken stock to it (about 2 tablespoons). Add cornstarch and whisk quickly to incorporate so it does not form lumps.
- Whisk cornstarch slurry into sauce. Boil sauce for 1-2 minutes until nicely thickened. Season to taste.
- Return chicken to pan and serve with cilantro, lemon slices and rice.