A classic recipe with a holiday twist! These cookies are so festive and colorful that they get snatched up immediately.
I have a lot of cookie memories as a kid. But one of the memories that is kind of dorky is my obsession with a certain sandwich chains white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. As a child and to this day I had a special hatred for fast food while my boy siblings and father loved it.
So when I could convince them that a sandwich could win out over a greasy burger on our family road trips, I always made sure to seal the deal with promises of those freshly baked cookies.
This cookie recipe is a twist on that childhood memory for me. We started off with my momma’s base chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe. Blending oatmeal into flour in the blender lends a slightly denser texture to the cookies without being heavy.
This dough is denser than a normal chocolate chip cookie dough though and can be a struggle for hand blenders. So either use a wooden spoon or a heavy duty mixer like the Bosch Universal Plus.
I absolutely adore this mixer. It’s shorter profile is amazing for countertop use and I love that there is no head on it to get in the way for adding ingredients (or getting covered in cookie dough!)
Happy cookie making!
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal, blended to fine powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of crushed peppermint candies
- ½ of chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix the melted butter and the sugars together in your mixer until smooth.
- In another bowl mix all dry ingredients in together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Once mixed add the chopped nuts, peppermint and white chocolate chips.
- Place one tablespoon size of dough in your hand and roll into a round ball. Place 12 on cookie sheet and bake for 8 -11 minutes.
- Cook each batch of cookies 8-11 minutes depending on oven and altitude.