This vegan artichoke dip is what you need for your first post-quarantine get-together. It’s creamy and flavorful, and completely plant-based! I created this recipe to use mostly easy-to-find vegan dairy alternatives, all without nutritional yeast.
Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy the flavor of nutritional yeast, but I wanted to make a recipe that gave options to people who don’t prefer it and don’t want to buy it for one recipe, or forgot they ran out of it!
All of that being said, I call for both soaked cashews and cashew cheese spread in addition to vegan sour cream and vegan cream cheese. The cashew cheese helps provide that same zip that lemon juice and nutritional yeast adds, without adding the ingredients.
This spread should be relatively easy to find in the vegan section, but if you can’t, feel free to add a tiny squeeze of lemon juice and a bit of nutritional yeast.
One of the things that I do to make this recipe super flavorful is combining half of the artichoke hearts in the blender to pulse down into the mixture. This helps the artichoke flavor really infuse and cuts down on some of that overtly nutty dairy-free taste that we’ve all come to know in vegan products.
1400W High-Powered Blender, Silver By Kalorik Shop Now
If you prefer a little more cheesy-stretch in your artichoke dip, feel free to stir in some melt-able vegan cheese like plant-based mozzarella. Serve hot with pita chips or tortilla chips and enjoy this plant-based party snack!
Dublin Large Chip & Dip By Godinger Shop Now
- 3 cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 0.25 cups vegan sour cream
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 6 oz vegan cashew cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.33 cups milk, for thinning
- 4 oz vegan Parmesan, divided into thirds
- In a small bowl, soak the cashews in hot water for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, cook minced garlic in the oil over medium heat until just brown and fragrant. Stir in the drained artichokes. Cook for another minute and turn off the heat. Reserve half.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the soaked cashews, sour cream, cream cheese, cashew cheese, and salt. Slowly pour in the milk to thin slightly. Add half of the garlic and artichoke hearts mixture and a third of the parmesan.
- Pulse a few times to incorporate and chop into a slightly smoother mixture.
- Pour the dip into an oven-safe dish, and stir in the remaining artichoke and garlic mixture and another third of the parmesan.
- Top the dip with the final third of shredded parmesan and bake for 25-35 minutes. Place under the broiler for the last 3-5 to melt the top layer of cheese.
- Serve right out of the oven with your favorite chip and enjoy!