This no-churn Cherry Garcia ice cream is the ultimate Ben & Jerry’s copycat. It can be made using a traditional egg yolk ice cream base if you have the equipment and preference. BUT, my no-churn version has you set up to whip together 4 ingredients in 10 minutes with the utmost ease. So yeah, do that.
J-Series Forged Chef Knife By Cangshan Cutlery Shop Now
I love Cherry Garcia because it reminds me of my dad and honestly nothing beats a delicious ice cream with fruit and dark chocolate. I love how dark chocolate chunks take on a sweet flavor and almost chewy and chalky texture when frozen.
Naturals 1.5 Lb Loaf Pan By Nordic Ware Shop Now
The sweet and bitter flavors of this ice cream paired with creamy, crunchy textures are a can’t-beat for this summer heat. Add some flaked salt as a garnish and you have yourself an elevated Ben & Jerry’s to belly up to with some Netflix and red wine.
I decided to add this awesome egg waffle bowl from Nordic Ware because who doesn’t love a little extra fun with their ice cream?
Egg Waffle Puff Pan By Nordic Ware Shop Now
I used the Nordic Ware Egg Waffle pan and waffle bowl recipe and let them dry out a little in the oven to crisp up in their bowls. Leave them soft and you’ll have a delicious crepe-like experience. Either way, you can’t lose.
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream (1 pint)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cups hulled and chopped Bing cherries
- 0.5 cups (1 bar) dark baking chocolate bar (72% cacao)
- In a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the pint of whipping cream on high speed for about 3-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean paste and mix on a medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and cover. Freeze for 10 minutes and use a spatula to gently fold in the chocolate and cherries. Cover again and freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve over waffle bowls and enjoy!!
No-churn. This method is much easier than traditional ice cream and absolutely delicious. It takes two ingredients as the base but can be jazzed up to suit your style with whatever flavors you desire. I add vanilla bean paste to give this ice cream a classic speckled vanilla base.
Cherries. I love to use fresh summer cherries, but if all you can find is dried I suggest reconstituting them in warm water and draining completely before adding. If you find frozen or canned, just drain before adding because you don’t want ice crystals forming.
Cherry & Olive Pitter By OXO Shop Now
Par-freeze. I ask you to cool the ice cream base in the freezer for 10 minutes before mixing in the cherries and chocolate. I ask you to do this because these two toppings are particularly heavy and can sink to the bottom of the mixture.
Scraper 3-Pc Set By Kuchenprofi Shop Now
They can absolutely be added in one fell swoop without a par-freeze, just use caution when gently folding the toppings in to make sure they suspend evenly. If they don’t, just pop it into the freezer and give it a gently stir after it is solidified a tiny bit to evenly distribute.