It’s a little margarita and little sangria… and they are the BEST!
It may be pretty obvious, but I am a huge fan of all things Mexican. So with Cinco de Mayo around the corner I’m planning out my Mexican Fiesta, which will without a doubt include these Margarita Sangrias. Yes, margarita sangrias!!
Here’s how this works. Just like any other sangria you’ll need to start with a bottle of wine. In today’s case you’ll want a white wine, I like to use Sauvignon Blanc. From there we add plenty of lime juice, a splash of pineapple juice a little agave nectar for sweetness, and yes, then comes the tequila! So fun, right?!?
For my fruit I went with strawberries, orange slices, lime slices and fresh basil for a nice pop of color It’s the perfect light + fresh combo for a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta! OH and it’s so easy, just add everything to a pitcher and done. Enjoy!!
- 1 orange, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced into thin rounds
- 0.25 cups agave nectar
- 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- 1.5 cups white tequila
- 0.5 cups pineapple juice
- 0.5 cups lime juice
- 1 cups chilled sparkling water
- fresh basil, for serving
- To a large pitcher, add the orange slices, strawberries, lime slices, and agave nectar. Add the wine, tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice, and sparkling water.
- Refrigerate the sangria for at least 2 hours, serve over ice with basil for garnish.