Cupcake jars may be the world’s best invention yet. A perfect multi-layer cake in an adorable little container for parties or to go!
Easter is almost here and it’s time to spring into action! Get your carrot cake fix in these perfect portable portions, perfect to take to your family gathering.
This carrot cake recipe is from a good friend of mine who I met when we lived in Georgia. I loved it so much I asked her to make it for my first son’s baby shower! It makes perfect cupcakes or a fabulous sheet cake.
Layering it into a cupcake jar that my little guys can hold onto is such an adorable new way to present this classic recipe!
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- .75 cups White flour
- .75 cups Wheat flour
- .5 tsp Salt
- .5 cups Old fashioned oatmeal
- .75 tsp Baking powder
- 2.25 tsp Baking soda
- .5 tsp Nutmeg
- .5 tsp Cloves
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Allspice
- .75 cups Vegetable oil
- 1 cups Crushed pineapple (with juices)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Grated carrots
- .5 Banana mashed
- 1 cups Mix-ins or toppings (chopped nuts, shredded coconut, currants or raisins)
- 8 oz Cream cheese, room temperature
- .5 cups Salted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 cup powdered sugar