- Preheat oven to 375 F (convection setting if available) with a rack in the lower middle.
- Remove chicken from fridge, remove and discard gizzard from inside cavity (or keep to make a sauce later). Pat dry and place on cutting board.
- Salt and pepper the inside of the chicken cavity. Place lemon and rosemary inside.
- Using baking twine, tie legs closed.
- Pat outside of chicken dry with paper towels. Salt outside of chicken and place in casserole dish breast side up.
- Place washed leaves (still on stem) around outside of chicken.
- To prepare pearl onions, boil for 60 seconds, remove from water and chop off bottom end. Squeeze to release onion from skin. Place in dish around chicken.
- In a small saucepan, add olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Sauté for about two minutes or until garlic is flavorful.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for about three minutes, then add honey and stir.
- Pour wine mix around base of chicken (do not pour over top).
- Cover with foil tightly and cook for an hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove foil from chicken and increase temperature to 400 F. Roast until browned and skin is crisp, about 15-20 minutes.
- Check internal temperature of chicken to ensure it is at least 165 F. Rest for at least 10 minutes. Carve and serve.
Note: Great with salad, mashed garlic potatoes, and seasonal veggies.