There are a million reasons to love this recipe. Whether it’s because of the briny flavors of sautéed lemon and capers, or the nice crisp that the flour coating gives the flakey cod. It could be because of how quickly this dish comes together, or because it’s an easy fish dinner to add to the weekly rotation. No matter what, I encourage you to try this one out!
Walnut Edge-Grain Cutting Board By John Boos Shop Now
Acacia Divided Salt Box By Lipper International Shop Now
I decided to make this recipe with cod in order to keep this dish budget-friendly, but it would be delicious with halibut, shrimp, scallops, or even chicken.
Enamel Skillet, Green By Cravings by Chrissy Teigen Shop Now
I love to create dishes that are easy enough to master and super customizable, just like this skillet lemon and capers cod. I love to empower you to feel comfortable to cook a simple, healthy meal that truly satisfies your palate.
Pond Oval Plate, Set of 6 By Ten Strawberry Street Shop Now
Stoneware Pitcher By Cravings by Chrissy Tiegen Shop Now
While I’ve styled this meal over the arugula, I think you’d be best serving it as a garnish. I encourage you to serve the cod with a side dish of potatoes made anyway, risotto, or roasted carrots.
Take this recipe as a cooking technique, and use it as an addition to some of the things you or your family loves. Enjoy this one, friends.
- 2 center cut filets of Cod, approximately 6-8 oz. each
- 0.5 cups flour
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 0.5 lemon, sliced into super thin rounds
- 0.5 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 0.5 cups capers, divided
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- handful of arugula, for garnish
- caper berries, for garnish
- In a large plate, measure out the flour and season with a sprinkle of both salt and pepper. Shake to mix. Pat both cod filets dry with a paper towel. Place both filets into the seasoned flour and pat into the flour to evenly coat each side. Shake off any excess.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter. As soon as the butter is hot and begins to brown just slightly, place each cod filet down and away from you. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the cod is cooked about half way through. Flip and add thinly sliced lemon rounds and 2 tablespoons of capers. Cook for another 3 minutes or until the cod is just cooked fully. Squeeze 2 wedges of lemon over top before removing the cod from the pan.
- Serve the cod with the remaining capers, arugula, and wedge of lemon. Add freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!