Authentic Belgian Waffles + Fresh Whipped Cream
- 2 ¼ cups whole milk
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons active yeast
- Non-stick spray
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Maple syrup and assorted fresh berries for garnish
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, butter, salt, vanilla, eggs, flour and yeast until completely combined. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 20 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
- Heat the waffle iron until it’s hot and ready.
- Next, spray the iron with the non-stick spray and add in 4-6 ounces of the waffle batter and cook until golden brown and cooked through out. Repeat the process until the batter is gone.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- To plate: Serve the waffles with the fresh whipped cream, maple syrup and fresh assorted berries.