Whole Roasted Lentil Stuffed Salmon
November 1, 2015
June 21, 2018
- 3 cups of cooked lentils
- 1 cup of sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced green onions
- 2 cups of chickpeas, strained
- 2 packed cups of baby spinach
- ½ cup of roasted garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of chopped thyme
- 1 whole fresh salmon, head and back bone removed
- 2 thinly sliced lemons
- ¾ cup of Feta cheese
- ½ cup of melted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked lentils, sun dried tomatoes, green onions, chickpeas, spinach, roasted garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of thyme and salt and pepper until combined and set aside.
- Season the inside of the salmon well with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- Evenly spread the lemon wheels all over the inside of 1 side of the salmon and place half of the amount of the lentil stuff evenly over top of the lemons inside of the salmon and sprinkle on ¼ cup of Feta cheese.
- Fold the other side of salmon over and truss with butcher's twine placing lemon wheels underneath each line of twine.
- Pour the butter over top of the salmon, season the outside well with salt and pepper and bake at 375° for 60 minutes.
- Remove the butcher's twine and add on ½ cup of Feta cheese to the top of the salmon before serving.