Fried chicken is my weakness, but I don’t always want to break out a fryer. This baked “fried” chicken is the perfect easy weeknight dinner recipe to satisfy that craving!
I love this baked “fried” chicken recipe because it is such a perfect easy weeknight dinner recipe and can be whipped up in just a bit over 30 minutes.
Start with your chicken fillets, an eggwash and your cornflake mixture.
Dredge in the egg mixture.
And then the cornflakes.
And then place them on a cookie sheet with a nonstick silicone liner on it (we love Silpat) and a baking rack on top of that. This really helps the chicken stay crispy on all sides and the silicone sheet makes cleanup a breeze.
Then it’s off to a screaming hot oven for 25 minutes. Drizzle them with a bit of honey in the last five minutes and you are ready for dinner.
Perfect juicy chicken inside with a delicious crunchy sweet outside.
In terms of side dishes for this dinner, we love fixing whipped potatoes and a nice veggie side dish with it. It makes a fantastic packable picnic lunch too!
- 2 pounds chicken breast filets
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a nonstick silicone liner or parchment paper for easy clean up. Place a baking rack on top of the mat.
- Remove chicken tenders from filets if needed. If filets are large, cut them in half horizontally or pound chicken to about ½ an inch in thickness.
- Combine corn flakes and spices together.
- Dredge in egg mixture and then cornflake mixture and place on baking rack topped cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle with honey and bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with spicy brown mustard.