Since I am always on the go, I like to be able to grab pre-made meals or leftovers from my fridge during weeknights. This recipe for Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is a perfect clean meal when I’m on the go!
These instances are where my food processor comes in handy — I add dense vegetables like Brussels sprouts, with a green apple and grapes, and in minutes I have a chopped fibrous salad that the whole family can enjoy. And, how good does this salad look?! My food processor makes my life easier and allows me to stay on track to clean eating.
- Food Processor
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- .5 Green apple
- 1 cups Red grapes
- .5 cups Shredded raw pecorino or parmesan
- .5 cups Red wine vinegar (Great with champagne vinegar as well)
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper into food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Swap food processor blades from slice to shred.
- Add Brussels sprouts to food processor. Blend until leaves are completely shredded. Add green apple to food processor, then grapes, then cheese. Shred each ingredient separately before adding the next ingredient.
- Place mixture into a serving bowl and enjoy.