These pistachio rolls are so ultra-soft because of one secret ingredient: Vanilla Pudding. The vanilla pudding in the dough mixture and the flavor combo of pistachio, chocolate, and pomegranate makes these rolls a heavenly dessert recipe!
For the Dough:
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp (250 ml) warm milk
- ½ cup (120 g) regular sugar
- 2 ½ tsp dried active yeast
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80 g) butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 3¼ - 3 2/3 cups (400–450 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding
For the Filling:
- 1 cup pistachio powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional: ½ cup raw pistachio
For the Topping:
- 100 g dark chocolate melted with 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 pomegranate
- Raw pistachio
- Place the warm milk into large bowl and whisk in sugar until dissolved.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in melted butter, eggs and salt.
- Add instant pudding powder, and gradually add in flour until dough comes together.
- Turn out onto the work surface and knead gently to make soft dough. Adjust flour as needed.
- Place dough into a greased bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Leave to rise for 45 to 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- In the meantime, make the pistachio filling by combining pistachio powder, powdered sugar and one egg white in a small bowl. Make a mix from it, cover it with plastic wrap and set it aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a large baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Punch out the air from the dough.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Spread with pistachio filling, and add some chocolate chips on top and raw pistachio.
- Gently roll dough to form a log. Use a knife to cut the dough into 1½-inch thick pieces. You should get about 12 pieces.
- Place cut rolls into prepared pan. Cover pan with a clean kitchen towel and leave to prove until doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate glaze by melting chocolate and whisking in coconut oil.
- Let the rolls cool slightly before spreading the chocolate on top of the rolls. I use a spoon for this. Drizzle some pomegranate and some raw pistachio on top, and enjoy!