Here’s the thing: I have big grandiose dreams of having a fantastic garden in my backyard where I can casually walk outside, snip off some herbs, and whip up something fabulous for dinner.
Sadly, my garden dreams are dashed a bit by the fact that I live in a high-rise and have no yard to speak of. Sure, planter boxes are great and apartment herb planters are totally awesome — but nine times out of ten I forget to water them and I get dubbed a “bad plant mom.”
Recently I’ve been reading a lot about sprouting and growing microgreens at home and I am thinking it is the answer to my hopes of having a green thumb. There are some totally valid DIY options of sprouting at home, buuuuut if you’re like me, crafts aren’t my strength, so I picked up this fun little GEFU micro-sprout grower and it’s changed my life.
This little tool, a few bags of sprouts on Amazon, and voila! You have your own personal sprouts factory. Add them to salads, toss them in your smoothie, or, spice date night up a bit by adding some sassy little sprouts to your pizza!
- 1 Store bought homemade pizza dough
- .25 cups Pesto
- .5 Apples, cut into match stick slices
- 1 Small avocado, chopped
- 1 cups Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cups Microgreens
- 1 cups Arugula
- .5 Lemon (juice)
- 1.5 tsp Olive oil
- Shaved parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat your oven to 550 and get either prep your homemade pizza dough or get your favorite store bought option laid out on a baking sheet.
- 2. Pop pizza dough into preheated over for a few minutes, flip dough over and repeat.
- 3. Take the dough out and spread pesto on top.
- 4. In a large bowl, toss together apple, avocado, tomatoes, microgreens and arugula.
- 5. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss together and spoon over pesto topped flatbread.
- 6. Top flatbread with shaved Parmesan, slice and serve.