Be honest, how many out there scrape out the seeds and throw them away on your pursuit to carving the world’s most amazing Halloween Pumpkin?! I’ll admit it I was guilty for most of my existence. That is of course until I met my wife who turned me on to making them at home. Who knew a nurse/interior decorator was about to school me in my own kitchen? Not me, that’s for sure. She’s been doing it ever since she was a wee-little pup watching her dad do it every year.
Yes, it’s easier to just go buy some from the grocery store, but there is zero fun in that, nor will you get the awesome flavor combos we created in these Homemade Pumpkin Seeds recipes. So while you’re ripping out the seeds like crazy, set them aside and who knows maybe create a new tradition with your family this Halloween.
1. Ranch Pumpkin Seeds
2. Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
3. Salt & Pepper Pumpkin Seeds
Homemade Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways Recipe
- 3 cups of scooped pumpkin seeds
- 6 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, dill and salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Remove the pumpkin guts from the seeds and wash the seeds thoroughly under water.
- Boil them for 2 minutes in a pot of lightly salted boiling water.
- Strain the pumpkin seeds and divide them into thirds on cookie sheet trays lined with parchment paper.
- Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter to each sheet tray.
- Mix the onion powder, garlic powder, dill and salt into the first cookie sheet tray and spread out the pumpkin seeds.
- Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar into 2 second cookie sheet tray and spread out the pumpkin seeds.
- Season the third cookie sheet tray with salt and pepper and spread out the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350° or until crunchy and cooked.