Are you ready for some delicious Norwegian cookies? I call these cookies Holiday Almond Cookies. I drizzle the top with dark melted chocolate and crushed candy canes. So festive!
These cookies are so delicious, and since they are totally gluten-free, most people can enjoy them. Perfect for the holidays!
- 9 oz. (250 g) almonds
- 9 oz. (250 g) blanched almonds
- 4 cups (500 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup or liquid glucose
- 3 egg whites
- Tempered chocolate, to drizzle
- Candy canes, crushed
- Coconut, grated
- Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C). Put all the almonds into a food processor and whizz until finely ground. Add the powdered sugar, baking powder, vanilla bean paste, light corn syrup or glucose and egg whites and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Dust your work surface with powdered sugar and knead the dough until nice and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Take small pieces of the dough and roll them into equal balls.
- Place the dough balls on to lined baking trays like these from Nordic Ware. Flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on the trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate with drizzled chocolate, crushed candy cane.