If you’re in a warm-weather area like Arizona or Southern California then you know how awesome it is to enjoy grilling all year round. During the fall the family and I love to enjoy the outdoors and we definitely still have the grill going. But instead of the burgers and dogs of the summer, we throw on things like pork chops! Coupled with apples, it’s a perfect way to enjoy those seasonal flavors.
This recipe is going to be pretty simple. But the star of the show is this delicious apple salsa. It was my first time trying it and WOW! What a great combination with the grilled pork chops! Cilantro and red onions are already one of my favorite food pairs, but throwing in the sweetness of the apple and lemon juice are just magical and sort of sophisticated. And don’t worry, the kids loved it too.
The first thing you’re going to make is the apple salsa.
I used this handy tool from OXO to help me chop the onions and apples. It’s such a fun tool! All you do is half your apple or onion, place it on the grid and press down for perfectly chopped veggies and fruit!
Good Grips Vegetable Chopper By OXO Shop Now
Place it in a bowl and add lemon juice and cilantro.
Next, you’re going to prep your pork chops for the grill. I like to start them on the stove and then finish them on the grill but you can cook them fully on the grill if you like. All you need to season them with is salt and pepper! Nothing fancy.
I don’t usually get a chance to jump on the grill because my husband always beats me to it! He cracked open these beautiful BBQ tools from Schmidt Brothers to help him finish off the pork chops. This grill set is made from the same wood used for baseball bats and it’s just so handsome!
Guys love that masculine look and the ash wood mixed with the stainless steel is so classy! It also comes with its own storage box too.
BBQ Ash Grill Set By Schmidt Brothers Shop Now
Once you’ve finished grilling, you’re ready to eat!
Leo Round Cutting Board with Plate By BergHOFF Shop Now
Mini Round Cocotte By Le Creuset Shop Now
Plate and serve the pork chops with the apple salsa and fresh lemon wedges.
Salt Keeper By Swissmar Shop Now
Braiser in Artichaut By Le Creuset Shop Now
This is the perfect fall and winter grilling recipe! Let us know if you try it by tagging us on Instagram!
- 5 pork chops (bone in)
- 4 tbsp butter (stick)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pork Chops
- Apple Salsa
- 2 gala apples cored, halved and diced
- .5 cups red onion diced
- .5 cups cilantro chopped
- .25 cups fresh lemon juice
- For the Pork Chops:
- In cast iron skillet over medium-high heat add 1/2 stick of butter until melted. Place pork chops in skillet and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes or until a nice golden color appears.
- Flip on the other side and do the same.
- Turn down heat and allow the pork chops to cook fully until they reach 145 degrees or finish on the grill.
- Finish on the grill by heating the grill to 300-350 degrees and cooking the pork chops until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- For the Apple Salsa:
- Plate and serve the grilled pork chops and top with apple salsa.
- Rinse and dry pork chops with paper towels.
- In a bowl combine diced apples and red onion. Add lemon juice and stir. Add in the cilantro and mix well.