- Preheat oven for to 350 F.
- Add sugar, water and butter to a small pan on the stove over medium. Melt butter then continue to cook mixture for 1 minute.
- While butter is melting with sugar and water, add spices to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add nuts.
- Slowly pour sugar mixture over nuts, continuously tossing the cashews with a rubber spatula to evenly coat the nuts with sugar and spices.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread nuts evenly in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and toss nuts. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and continue to stir nuts on the pan periodically until they are no longer sticky (about 5 minutes).
- Cool and serve.
Note: To dehydrate your own fresh (likely leftover) sage, we use the Serious Eats method. Pluck individual leaves from stems and place in a single layer between two to four layers of paper towels. Microwave for about 35 seconds, then microwave in 20 second bursts until dry. Use a mortar and pestle to grind.