Healthy Vegan Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 1 and ½ cup of grated zucchini
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons of water)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grate zucchini and gently wring out excess water in a cloth or paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and mix together.
- In a separate small bowl add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons of water, stir & let sit for 3 minutes to create a “flax egg."
- In a blender, add peeled bananas, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, coconut oil and almond milk. Blend until creamy.
- Pour wet ingredients from the blender and the flax egg into dry ingredients & mix together.
- Fold in grated zucchini.
- Evenly add batter to a muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!
- Top with coconut butter, nut or seed butters!