Soups are one of my favorite recipes to make and eat! They are easy, filling and a great way to consume a variety of nutrient-dense ingredients such as veggies, herbs and spices. This creamy vegan cauliflower stew is made with coconut milk, chickpeas, cauliflower, turmeric, ginger and additional nourishing ingredients.
Health Benefits of Key Ingredients:
Turmeric contains Curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant that aids in overall health. Curcumin also has anti-inflammatory properties. Just remember that Curcumin is best absorbed when eaten with black pepper!
Coconut milk contains healthy plant-based fats known as medium-chain triglycerides (or MCTs) that are filling and satisfying. MCTs may also help boost energy and physical performance.
Cauliflower contains anti-inflammatory compounds which aid in the fight against chronic low level inflammation. Cauliflower is also water and fiber dense, so that it’s filling without adding too many calories.
Lemons contain the immune boosting antioxidant vitamin C. Lemons also contain pectin, a fiber that helps you feel full, longer.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- .25 cups fresh italian parsley, chopped
- Add coconut oil, shallots and celery to a soup pot over medium/low heat. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, seasoning, vegetable broth, coconut milk and cauliflower. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup partially so that is creamy but retains some pieces of cauliflower.
- Add the chickpeas and parsley and simmer for 8-10 minutes to finish heating!