Lobster Spring Rolls with Spicy Dipping Sauce
For the Spring Rolls:
- 2 8-ounce lobster tails
- ¼ cup of Kosher salt
- 3 peeled and julienne carrots
- 5 thinly sliced red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch of thinly sliced green onions
- 1 seeded and sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup of thinly sliced red cabbage
- ¼ cup of chiffonade fresh basil
- ¼ cup of chiffonade fresh mint
- ¼ cup of picked fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pack of rice stick noodles softened in hot water, strained and cooled
- 12 to 15 rice paper sheets softened in hot water one at a time
For the Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup of chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- Lobster: Boil the lobster in 6 cups of water and ¼ cup of salt for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are cooked through and the shells are bright red.
- Remove the lobster from the water and cool completely before removing form the shell and thinly slicing.
- Sauce: Whisk together all of the ingredients until combined and keep cool.
- To Prepare: Heat the rice paper sheets 1 at a time and once it becomes soft remove from the water and place on your cutting board. In the center of the rice paper sheet add a few of each ingredient: julienne carrots, red leaf lettuce slices, sliced green onions, sliced red bell peppers, sliced red cabbage, chiffonade fresh basil, chiffonade fresh mint, cilantro leaves and rice stick noodles.
- Starting from the bottom fold in the sides and roll to the top making sure to make it tight so the rice paper sticks together.
- Slice and serve alongside the dipping sauce.
- Note: If you are holding for later cover them in a damp paper cloth 1” from each other.