I was told by my wife that these were top 10 best things she’s ever eaten.
I’m not ready to deem them the best, but holy smokes are these Homemade Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches good and so easy to make. I always think making churros is hard and every time I make them I am blown away at how easy they are to make.
My absolute favorite thing to do in the morning is to eat churros and drink coffee. Talk about the ultimate in therapeutic restoration!! The delicious flavors of cinnamon and sugar combined with a crispy outside and soft warm inside makes churros one of the best. Now take all the goodness that is churros and smash ice cream in between them to make Homemade Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches.
The ice cream part is completely up to you, but I highly recommend doing some with either chocolate or peanut butter in it because it enhances the overall flavor experience that much more when combining with the churro.
If you’ve got some guests coming by in the near future and you want to show off and make something ridiculous, then these Homemade Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches are where it’s at!
- 2 cups water
- 0.5 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil + 2 cups for frying
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 0.25 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 pints ice cream flavors of your choice
- Preheat 2 cups of oil to 350°.
- Bring the water, salt, 2 tablespoons of oil and butter to a boil and then whisk in the flour until completely combined.
- Whisk in one egg at a time until mixed in and then transfer it to a piping bag with a start tip.
- Makes 5" wide churro dough circles onto parchment paper.
- Place the dough circles into the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oil and set on a rack or paper towel to dry.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon and dredge the cooked churros in the mixture.
- Place one large scoop of ice cream onto a churro and press on another churro and squeeze gently until the ice cream moves to the outside edges.
- Freeze before serving.