Elevate your brunch game this weekend.
Setting up a brunch buffet this weekend? Create the perfect Bloody Mary bar for the event!
Now everyone has their favorites, but we are here to showcase a twist on a classic. We are taking the traditional Bloody Mary up a notch by making it Chicago-style. Think hot dogs, relish, ketchup, even the poppy seed bun!
Prep work, outside of getting all the ingredients, is very minimal. Just make sure you’ve got a little countertop space to set up your scene. Lay out all the glassware, tools, stir sticks, garnish skewers, and pre-make the base of the mix in a pitcher as well.
Maybe add in some personal touches and voila! your fabulous bar cart has been built!
- .5 tsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tsp Celery salt
- 1 Wedge lemon
- Dill pickle spears
- Cocktail wieners
- 12 floz Tomato juice (make sure it's chilled)
- .5 cups Vodka
- 1 tsp Yellow mustard
- .75 tsp Dill pickle juice
- .75 tsp Finely grated sweet onion
- Sport or pepperoncini peppers
- 1. Add poppy seeds & half of the celery salt to a shallow plate (similar to above) 2. Cut your lemon wedge in half & rub around the rim of your glasses 3. Flip your glasses upside down & rim the edge of your glass in poppy seed/salt mixture & then fill will ice. 4. Stir your V8 vegetable juice, vodka, mustard, pickle juice, onion and remaining celery salt in a pitcher. Add more mustard or celery salt to taste. 5. Stir gingerly until mixed well & pour into glasses. 6. Now the fun part! Grab your skewers and get to work – garnish them like your favorite Chicago-style hot dog. We love cherry tomatoes, a good sport pepper, a delicious cocktail hot dog, a dill pickle, and of course, a sweet onion! 7. Serve, sip, repeat!