When I think of summer I think popsicles.
Fortunately, the sugary varieties of my youth no longer appeal to me, therefore I decided to create my ultimate grown up popsicle recipe. These coffee popsicles will be your new favorite summertime treat!
We all love coffee, and in the summer, we all love a good iced coffee, right? Well, I took the idea of the perfect rich iced coffee and turned it into a creamy coffee popsicle that you can have waiting for you in your freezer at all times!
Iced coffee on a stick? Oh my gosh, yes please!!
Honestly, these coffee popsicles are essentially taking over my summer. They’re perfect just about any time of the day. If you want to take things a step further, you can even dip the coffee pops in chocolate! Do this, SO GOOD.
Be sure to use black coffee, nothing sweetened. It’s also important to use full-fat canned coconut milk so you get a really creamy popsicle. Other than that, these are just about as easy to make as your morning cup of coffee! So what do you guys say?
Popsicles for breakfast? Sounds good to me!
For the Popsicles:
- 1 (14 ounce) can full fat coconut milk
- 4-6 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ - 2 cups brewed, black coffee, cooled
For the Chocolate Shell (optional):
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, make sure it is vegan if needed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, honey and vanilla. Blend until completely smooth.
- Divide the coffee among 8 popsicle molds, filling 1/3 of the way up. Pour the coconut milk over the coffee. Place the tops on the popsicle molds and then insert the popsicle sticks. Place the molds in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
- To make the chocolate shell. Combine the chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat and stir until completely melted and smooth. Allow to cool 15-20 minutes before dipping the pops.
- To remove the popsicles run the mold under hot water for 10 seconds and then pull the popsicles out of the molds.
- If desired, remove the pops from the freezer one at a time and dip in the chocolate shell. Eat, or store in the freezer until ready to eat. Repeat with the remaining pops.