This cocktail is the perfect signature cocktail to set the tone for any of your fall gatherings or Friendsgiving celebrations.
This is the perfect taste of fall and only requires a little bit of prep to make the rosemary simple syrup. Cheers!
- 12 oz whiskey
- 1 cups rosemary simple syrup*
- 8 large ice cube blocks
- Sparkling apple cider
- For garnish: rosemary sprig, apple slices
- Fill shaker with whiskey, rosemary simple syrup*, and ice. Shake for 30 seconds. Pour whiskey mixture evenly into eight whiskey glasses.
- Place a large ice block into each class. Top each cocktail with a splash of sparkling apple cider. Garnish with rosemary sprig and apple slices.
- *Note: To make rosemary simple syrup, bring one cup of water and one cup of sugar to a simmer. Remove from heat and add in three 5-inch rosemary sprigs. Steep for 20 minutes and strain mixture into a jar.
Photography by Abagail Halstead & Elizabeth Van Lierde / Recipe by Elizabeth Van Lierde
This recipe originally appeared in the Fall/Winter 2018 issue of The Inspired Home Journal, in the article “Boho Bash.”