Cocktails, 3 ways: Classic, Funky, Non-alcohol. All bets are off this holiday season, and I wanted to share with you a cocktail for any mood you may find yourself in. A classic Manhattan for when you need a drink. A coconut Margarita when you need a bit of funk (and my daughter would like me to name it, the Winter White Queen Elsa Margarita). And a non-alcoholic punch when you need something special without the booze.
There’s truly nothing like the holiday season to bring up an excuse to make a cocktail. And I happen to love glassware and barware especially this time of year. If I can find an excuse to make a drink, I certainly will! It can be fun to experiment, and it’s not as laborious as say, baking a cake. Plus, this year more than ever I can find myself craving a cocktail.
The cocktails I’m sharing with you today are good to have in your arsenal for whenever you find yourself in a cocktail shaking mood. Have fun, and happy mixing!
A Classic Manhattan for 2
Barcraft Yarai Mixing Glass, 17 oz. By ARC Shop Now
Faceted Crystal Coupes By Viski Shop Now
Gold Metallic Frill Toothpick By Sophistiplate Shop Now
- 4 oz Bourbon whiskey
- 2 oz sweet vermouth
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- cherries, for garnish
- Fill a mixing glass halfway with clear ice. Pour the entire ingredients over top and stir rapidly in a circle, until cold. Strain into a chilled coupe glass and serve with a garnish of cherries.
Queen Elsa’s Margarita/Coconut Margarita
Ultimate Bar Tool By Microplane Shop Now
Ornements Glasses, 4-Pc Set By ARC Shop Now
Gold Sparkler Picks By Sophistiplate Shop Now
- 4 oz coconut milk (from a can, well-mixed with the coconut water)
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz Grand Marnier liquor or Triple Sec
- 1 oz lime juice
- lime wedges, for garnish
- coconut wedges, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker a little more than halfway with ice. Pour the entire ingredients over the top and shake up and down for about 20 seconds. Strain and pour over fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and coconut flakes.
Non-Alcoholic Holiday Punch
Crystal Pearl Diver Glasses By Viski Shop Now
Silver Round Plastic Cocktail Picks By Sophistiplate Shop Now
- 12 oz pineapple juice
- 8 oz orange juice
- 3 oz maraschino cherry juice
- ginger ale, to finish
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix pineapple and orange juice. Set aside.
- In a pearl diver glass, pour cherry juice into the bottom. Slowly pour pineapple and orange juice over top.
- Finish with ginger ale and a stirrer. Let each person stir to mix before drinking.