Apple cider vinegar also known as “ACV”, has been used throughout history for several different things from medicine to pickling vegetables.
Apple cider vinnegar is made from the fermentation of apples. The sugars from the apples first turn into alcohol and then the alcohol is converted into a vinegar. The final product normally has a medium amber color. Apple cider vinegar is easy to find and can be purchased at almost every local grocery store! When buying apple cider vinegar, look for unpasteurized or organic brands that contain “The Mother”. This simply means it contains yeast and other fermented by products. The yeast looks like stringy cobwebs you will be able to see in the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains potassium and also tiny amounts of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. This vinegar is full of healthy microorganisms that can have a lot of potential health benefits.
Potential Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits:
- May help relieve acid reflux by promoting the growth of good gut bacteria.
- May help prevent the common cold.
- Can help balance pH within the body.
- May help lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
- Can help cleanse the body of candida.
- Can help the body naturally detox.
- May help relieve allergies by breaking up mucus.
- May aid in weight loss by reducing sugar cravings.
- Can help relieve stomach aches.
- May lower cholesterol.
- Can aid in digestion.
- May help regulate blood sugar.
- Can help reduce acne when used as a skin toner.
- Can help with dandruff and be used as a hair conditioner.
- May naturally whiten teeth by removing stains.
Ways to Enjoy Apple Cider Vinegar:
There are so many ways to enjoy ACV, here are some of my favorite! When consuming, it’s always best to dilute the apple cider vinegar.
- Add a tablespoon into 12 to 16-ounces of water.
- Add to your favorite beverage! I love it mixed with sparkling water.
- Use as the vinegar in your homemade salad dressing recipe.
- As a natural home cleaning solution.
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw local honey
- ½ of a fresh lemon, juiced
- Handful of ice cubes
Add all ingredients into a glass and stir together until well incorporated. Add in ice cubes and enjoy!
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Add all ingredients into a mason jar and tightly secure lid. Shake until mixed. Or add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Store in airtight container in fridge and shake before each use.