Watch & Get the Mediterranean Chicken with Lemon Rice Recipe that Chef Billy Parisi cooked on Facebook Live!
Watch and cook along with Chef Billy Parisi as he makes this delicious and simple Mediterranean Chicken & Lemon Rice.
- 2 cups of long grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 6-ounce chicken breasts
- 2 - 3 large quartered tomatoes
- 1 can of quartered artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup of sliced Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup of sliced sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup of capers
- 2 cups of packed baby spinach
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Feta cheese
- Fresh oregano and basil for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker and keep warm before serving. If you don't have a rice cooker, a medium pot with a lid will work!
- Season the chicken breasts on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil sear the chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Note, do not cook through.
- Next, remove the chicken add the tomatoes, artichokes, olives, sun dried tomatoes and capers and saute for 3 to 4 minutes over high heat.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the tomato mixture and place the pan in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through out.
- Next, remove the chicken from the pan and fold the spinach in. Add in the juice of ½ lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Fork the rice in the rice cooker and fold in the zest of ½ lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve each chicken breasts over a bed of the tomato-spinach mixture, garnish with feta cheese and fresh herbs, and alongside the lemon rice.