Winter Citrus Whole Wheat Waffles
About 10 waffles
- 350 grams whole wheat pastry flour
- 7 grams active dry yeast
- 5 grams sugar
- 3.5 grams salt
- 2 grams baking soda
- 100 grams shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 620 grams whole milk
- 115 grams butter (super close to 1, 4 oz stick)
- 100 grams egg (about 2 large)
- Fresh mint
- Sesame seeds
- Yogurt of choice (I used a strained vanilla variety)
- Cara cara oranges
- Mandarin oranges
- Sift pastry flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- In a small pan on the stove melt butter and add whole milk. Bring to 104 F and do not let it get above 113 F. If your temperature starts to get too high, remove the pan from the burner to cool.
- Once the butter is melted and the milk is at the appropriate temperature, whisk in eggs.
- Pour into the well of dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Once ingredients are combined allow mix to sit for 30 minutes to let the yeast work.
- Follow the directions to use your waffle maker to cook waffles.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt, fresh citrus, mint, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.