Turmeric, Carrot & Parsnip Soup with Cinnamon Croutons Recipe
- 4 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 2 cups peeled and chopped parsnips
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 3 slices whole-wheat multi-seed bread (a few days old is best)
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- *Choose organic ingredients when possible
- Set the oven on its lowest possible setting.
- Chop the bread and coat with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and the cinnamon.
- Spread bread evenly on a cookie sheet and place in the low oven for around 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Watch croutons to prevent from burning, remove from oven when nice and dry / crispy.
- Peel and chop the carrots and parsnips, peel and dice the yellow onion and garlic.
- Place your Le Crueset Soup Pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add to your pot 1 tablespoon of coconut, when the oil is hot but not smoking add the yellow onion diced.
- Cook the onions for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the onion starts to turn translucent add the diced garlic, turmeric and a pinch of salt.
- After cooking for another 2 minutes add the carrots, parsnips, vegetable broth, coconut milk and sriracha.
- Bring soup pot to a boil and then lower to a medium-low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the carrots and parsnips are very tender your soup is ready to blend.
- Use an immersion blender, or in a blender carefully blend soup until smooth.
- Serve soup topped with cinnamon croutons and enjoy!