Tomato & Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes (regular tomatoes work fine also)
- 1 orange pepper seeded and quartered
- 1 - 1½ cups cubed watermelon (honeydew works also)
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 red onion, peeled & cut in large chunks
- ½ cucumber, seeded & chopped roughly
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon each of flat leaf parsley & basil
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes for a few seconds until they break down.
- Add everything else to the blender except the cheese.
- Puree in blender until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Give it a taste, it may need a little more salt of lemon juice.
- Garnish with some crumbled feta cheese.