Tomatillo Chilaquiles Recipe
- 10-12 large tomatillos
- 2 poblano chiles
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 20 corn tortillas, cut into eighths
- Sauce (above)
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Broil tomatillos, poblanos, jalapenos, and onions until charred nicely, keep an eye on them!
- Puree in food processor with cilantro, lime and salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with olive oil. Layer corn tortillas in with sauce, cheese and any toppings desired. (It is best to cover all tortillas so they don’t dry out)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until top is browned and cooked through.
- Top with cilantro and lime slices. Serve with hot sauce if desired.