The Best Rigatoni Bolognese Recipe Recipe
- 1 lb (450 g) Rigatoni
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Italian seasoning
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) salt (separated)
- 2 15-ounce cans (890 ml TOTAL) of tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can (445 ML) diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped basil + 1 tsp for garnish
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- In a large stock pot, cook rigatoni according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, sauté onion in olive oil until tender. Add beef, Italian seasoning, ½ tsp of salt and freshly cracked pepper. Brown meat on all sides until cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, garlic and 1 tsp salt. Simmer for 30 mins. Add fresh basil.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and more chopped basil.
- Dinner is ready!