Thai Sweet Potato Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing Recipe
For the Salad:
- 6 spiralized sweet potatoes, peeled and trimmed
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cups of packed sliced kale
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped basil
- ¼ cup each sliced baby bell peppers and peanuts for garnish
- Alternative garnishes: basil leaves, lime wedges, microgreens
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- ½ teaspoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon of finely grated garlic
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Spread out the sweet potatoes on a sheet tray and bake for 10 minutes at 450°. Cool completely.
- Spread out the chickpeas and corn on a sheet tray, coat in olive oil and season with salt and pepper, and bake for 10 minutes at 450°. Cool completely.
- Combine the cooled sweet potatoes, chickpeas and corn along with the kale, herbs, peppers and peanuts and garnishes and set aside.
- Dressing: Combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Dress the salad with the peanut butter dressing and serve cold.