- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- ½ cup of corn kernels
- ½ cup of canned black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin and chili powder
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese + more for garnish
- Guacamole, tomatoes and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Add oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook the beef, onions, corn, beans, cumin and chili powder until the there is no pink left in the meat, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next, add in the rice, salsa, cheese and salt and pepper and mix until combined and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top off with some cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Garnish with guacamole, tomatoes and cilantro.