Sweet Potato & Rosemary Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups (10oz / 300g) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Rosemary
- ¼ cup (2 oz / 60g) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup (4oz /120g) cooked, mashed sweet potato
1 cup (8oz / 240g) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, rosemary and salt.
- Add in the butter and rub in with your fingertips until it resembles bread crumbs.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the sweet potato and the buttermilk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Take care not to over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and lightly flour the top of the dough. Cut 8-9 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a baking tray lined with parchment and glaze with egg wash. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve your biscuits with some butter mixed with honey and enjoy warm.