Swedish Havreflan Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate
For the cookie:
- 7/8 cup (200 grams) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) sugar
- 2 ½ cups (250 grams) oatmeal
- ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon (38 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (4 grams) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) egg whites
For the Filling:
- 1 cup (175 grams) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment, if you will be using a non-stick baking sheet, there is no need for parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients, mix until combined until it forms a cookie dough.
- Form small balls about 1 teaspoon and leave just over an inch on all sides for spreading on your baking trays
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for five minutes and then cool on a rack where they will crisp up even further.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave with coconut oil or other flavorless oil.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons chocolate on one cookie and sandwich two halves together with the melted chocolate.