Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of sugar
- 6 ounces or 1 ½ sticks of ice cold unsalted butter + 2 tablespoons of melted
- ¼ cup of sugar in the raw
- 2 pints of hulled strawberries, sliced in half
- 2 cups of fresh whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar and then using a cheese grater shred in the ice cold better and fold it in.
- Next form a well in the flour mixture and pour in the egg-milk mixture and use a fork to combine the ingredients. Note: do not over mix.
- Transfer the dough to a clean floured surface and gently roll out the dough until it is 1” thick.
- Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out 12 biscuits. Transfer them to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops of each biscuit with melted butter and sprinkle on sugar in the raw.
- Bake the biscuits for 20 to 22 minutes. Cool before serving.
- Serve the cooled biscuits with fresh hulled sliced strawberries and whipped cream.