Steamed Pork Dumplings
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of shredded napa cabbage + 4 to 5 whole leaves separately
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup of sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablepoon of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon of finely minced ginger
- Wonton wrappers cut into circles
- In a bowl mix together everything except for the whole cabbage leaves and wontons until combined.
- Next place a ½ tablespoon of the filling mixture into the center of 1 wonton wrapper.
- Dab some water on the outside edge of the wonton and fold it over and pinch to form a half moon.
- Next make pleats on both sides where you pinched and continue squeezing to mold the edges together.
- Bring water in a steamer to a light boil and place the whole cabbage leaves into the perforated section of the steamer and place in as many dumplings as possible without touching.
- Place the steamer lid on top and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the pork is cooked in the middle.
- Serve alongside optional sauce: ½ cup soy, ½ cup rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons of mirin, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and sliced green onions.