Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Dijon Sauce
- 2 large artichokes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Optional garnishes: lemon wedges and fresh minced basil
- Using a sharp knife, cut about 1-inch off the top of each artichoke. Cut off the stem.
- Arrange the artichokes in a steamer basket.
- Fill steamer base with water and allow to steam for 30 minutes or until artichokes are tender and a leaves pull off easily with a gentle tug.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by whisking the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve alongside the steamed artichokes. Garnish with lemon wedges and basil if desired.