Spiced Parsnip Rum
- 2 cup light rum
- 1 T allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon stick + more for garnish
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely grated parsnip
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ tsp diamond kosher salt
- Fresh Nutmeg for garnish
- Add ingredients to a Stasher bag, or single use freezer bag. Use the water displacement method to remove air.
- Seal bag and place in water bath at 130 F for 1 hour.
- Strain off solids using a fine mesh sieve and discard. Store drink in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Serve over ice garnished with a cinnamon stick and freshly grated nutmeg.