Southwest Enchilada Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 each sliced yellow squash and green zucchini
- 2 cups of drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 2 cups of frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups of cooked chopped chicken
- 28 ounce can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup of mild salsa
- 3 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions, cilantro and avocado for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Layer a casserole dish with the cooked rice, sliced squash and zucchini, black beans, corn, and chicken. Season with salt and pepper and evenly pour on the enchilada sauce and salsa.
- Top off by spreading on the cheese and baking in the oven at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and melted.
- Serve with sliced green onions, cilantro and avocado.