100 grams by weight fresh figs, sliced (about 5 figs)
400 grams by weight simple syrup
1 vanilla bean
Zest of one lemon, preferably Meyer
(1) Set your precision cooker to 135 degrees.
(2) Split the vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape out the interior seeds, then add seeds and bean to a large Ziploc bag along with remaining ingredients.
(3) Submerge the bag slowly, letting out as much air as possible as you slide it into the water, creating a vacuum effect. Seal the bag and clip it to the side of the pot.
(4) Let sit for 2 hours, then remove and immediately submerge in an ice bath.
(5) Strain the bag’s contents using a fine mesh sieve. Store in the refrigerator.