- Mix all ingredients with a whisk so there are no lumps. Batter should be thinner than pancake batter. Set mixture aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Using a silicone pastry brush, coat the surface of the skillet with about a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and keep your eye on it.
- Once the surface appears dry (about 2 minutes), use a metal spatula to flip it. Allow it to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
Creamed Arugula Directions:
- Blanch arugula in super-salty water for a few seconds. Rinse and squeeze out any excess water.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil until toasted.
- Add the blanched arugula, egg, cheese, and about 2 tablespoons of water or milk. Mix vigorously until the egg has cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Artichoke and Pine Nut Ragout Directions:
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, sauté shallot in 3 tablespoons olive oil until translucent. Add the wine, sugar, and salt.
- Reduce mixture until thick and syrupy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. (For this ragout, you do not want the vegetables to break down as they would in a tomato sauce.)
- To assemble, spread creamed arugula on one side of the socca. Fold socca into quarters and place onto the plate. Top with ragout and grated parmesan.
*Make it vegan by leaving the egg and cheese out of the arugula*
Click HERE for more about this recipe.