Smoked Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Pecans
4-6 as an appetizer
- 12 whole, dried Medjool dates (smoked in the smoker for 15 minutes)
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped, toasted)
- Maldon sea salt and pink pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (to garnish)
- Using a sharp paring knife, split each date lengthwise much the same as you would an avocado.
- Remove the pit and discard it.
- Next, roll about 1/4 teaspoon of the goat cheese between your fingers to form a tiny ball; insert one goat cheese ball into the cavity of each date half.
- Add about 1/4 teaspoon of the chopped pecans to each half and then garnish with salt, pepper, and chopped chives.