Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon Recipe
- 8 chopped slices of bacon
- 2 pounds of timed beef chuck roast, cut into 1” squares
- 6 carrots cut into 1” pieces
- 1 peeled and julienned yellow onion
- 6 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of red wine, pinot noir or Côte de Rhône
- 3 cups of beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 6 to 8 sprigs each of fresh parsley and thyme + 2 tablespoons finely minced
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- 4 cups of sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups of peeled pearl onions
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cooked pappardelle pasta and sliced sourdough bread for serving
- Preheat the slow cooker to sear/high.
- Add the bacon to the slow cooker and cook until browned and crisp. Set aside.
- Add the beef into the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the beef and add the carrots, onions, and garlic to the slow cooker and cook until lightly browned, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Next, add the beef back in and sprinkle in the flour. Mix until combined.
- Add the red wine, beef stock, tomato paste, crispy cooked bacon, and parsley and thyme sprigs into the slow cooker and change the setting to slow cook/high for 2 hours.
- With 30 minutes left in the cooking process add a large saute pan to a burner over high heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and once melted add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions in and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Once browned pour the contents from the pan into the slow cooker and mix in
- Serve the boeuf bourguignon with the cooked pappardelle pasta, sliced sourdough and chopped herbs.