Skillet Jalapeño Cornbread Recipe Recipe
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 ounces of melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of cornmeal
- ½ seeded and small diced jalapeño
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, sugar and melted butter.
- In a separate medium size bowl whisk together the buttermilk and baking soda and then whisk it into the sugar-butter mixture bowl.
- Next, add in the flour, cornmeal, jalapeño and pinch of salt and whisk until combined.
- Evenly add the batter to a Lodge® cornbread cast iron skillet and bake in the oven at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cooked through.
- Add optional garnishes, whipped butter, honey and volcanic salt.